I love papaya 🧡 not only is it sweet, fragrant and juicy 🤤 it is considered to have a lot of beneficial properties also. It helps speed up your metabolism, improving your digestion and aiding in weight loss; it boosts your immunity and lowers cholesterol. Papaya is high in antioxidants, vitamin C, fiber and fights inflammation. These are just a few of the benefits of this delicious exotic fruit.
I crave papaya often and love finding new ways to eat it. The last time, a friend of mine showed me how to pair peanut butter 🥜 with it and I became obsessed. Well, yesterday I took it a few steps further and turned it into a delicious breakfast bowl 🧡🍓🍚 I will go step by step on how I built it and what you will need. I don’t use measurements, so everything is 👁⚾️ (eye balled) 😆
First things first…
- Peel and cut papaya of choice. I like to cut mine so they look like canoes 🛶 but you can chop them up big and chunky if you like. Place them at them bottom of a bowl.
- Next I sprinkled powdered peanut butter (PB2) all over the papaya.*regular creamy peanut butter will work just fine.
- Then I added Bobs Red Mill Paleo Style Muesli cold cereal on top. It consists of coconut shavings, sunflower seeds, cashews, macadamia nuts, currants, raisins, dried cranberries, dried strawberries, pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds.
- Then I added goji berries and chia seeds.
- The last and final delicious step was adding coconut milk from the can but I have it bottled and in the fridge for safe keeping 🤗🥥🥛✨
Packed with plant protein and nutrients.
I hope you enjoy this delicious papaya bowl jam packed with all the yummy superfoods you can think of 🙏🏼🧘🏽♀️🌸✨ follow me as I work my way back towards a 100% plant based diet 🌱🥗🌱🥗🌱🥗🌱